Friday, October 10, 2008

The Ho-Down

This is my favorite quilt I have made so far. It has a great story.

It started with an antique pillowcase that I bought several years ago at a garage sale for 50 cents. I fell in love with the graphics. I didn't know what I would do with it but I bought it and hid it away in my stash. I came across it one day and decided it was time to do something with it.

So... off to my favorite quilt store. I took the pillowcase and searched for hours for the perfect fabrics to match. Found them!


Brought them home and started ripping apart the pillowcase at the seams. The square dancers were on the cuff and the musicians were on the body of the case. I decided to fussy cut the musicians into 4" squares. Then I cut the other fabrics into squares and made the grid. I cut the cuff in half to have two rows of square dancers.

Suprisingly it all fit together! It is so amazing when that happens! With all the left over fabric I made a piano key border. I machine quilted it myself.

It hangs in my sewing room and makes me smile everytime I see it!




No comments:

Post a Comment